Pages

Tuesday 2 September 2014

Recount Writing - Writing Motivation: 3 Paragraphs

Rimu heard a voice saying Rimu. He heard something tap on the window. Rimu rolled over. He still felt sleepy. He couldn’t figure out why he could hear his name. He didn’t think it could be hail because it was the middle of summer.
He sat up, and looked. It was early morning. He could just make out a shadow, which leant forward and raped again, louder this time.
“Rimu! You deadhead. Wake up!”
Rimu groaned. Ollie! He would have preferred hail


One weird night Rimu could hear a strange sound that was calling out his name “Rimu”. He saw a shadow outside of his window and something tapping onto it, he felt really terrified. Rimu rolled over trying not to make a sound, and still feeling tired. He was still wondering why he could hear someone saying his name. He knew it wouldn’t have been hail because it was still the middle of summer, so why would it be. So he went up to the window and looked outside “wow it is early in the morning”. He would have made a weird shadow or raped again, but making it even more louder this time. “Rimu, Rimu wake up you sleepyhead, wake up” Rimu groaned his face and said to Ollie “It is still early go back to sleep please, Ollie” I would have preferred that the hail was making all that racket, but it is all over now.
_________________________________________________________________________________

Never in my life had I faced such a difficult challenge. I stood in front of the cargo net I felt hot.. I would never be ready for this.
It was Physical Education and there was lots of equipment around. The net was something we all had to do and I needed to at least try to climb it. I was not a good climber, and never had been. I wanted to turn away. But I grabbed the net in my hands  and began to climb. I said words to encourage myself as I went. I was worried that I might get a rope burn or splinters.  I tried not to think about feeling scared of heights. I went more slowly the longer I climbed.
I stopped altogether. I felt weak and there was still so far to climb.
I called to the teacher that I was finished. I lowered myself down. I was thinking that I had tried my best. I still most likely cannot climb the  cargo net. But I was pleased I had tried.


I have never ever faced a difficult challenge like this. I went over to the Cargo net and stood near it feeling so hot. But I will never be ready for this day. What we had to do was a Physical Education task where there is lots of equipment lying around. Everyone had to complete the net test and I needed to try and climb higher than anyone else. But the only problem was that I was not a really good climber, and never was. All I just wanted to do is just give up but I couldn’t. So I grabbed the net and began to climb and as I was climbing to net I was saying really nice and encouraging words to myself, to help me not to give up. I was thinking in my mind that I might actually break a rope or burn the entire thing down, and my parents would have to pay for the damage that I have caused. Heights are my fare so I tried to think about something that I really love, like my family. I kept slowing down as I was getting closer to the top of the net. I stopped climbing feeling so upset of my self and still had to climb farer not even getting near the top. “Yea, I finished” I called out to my teacher “I have finished our warm up”. I went all the way back down to the ground and thought that I have done my very best, well tried and made it to the top of the net. I don’t actually like climbing the cargo net, but I am very proud of my self.

_________________________________________________________________________________

The boy is still asleep. He is tucked in his blankets because it was cold last night. He sleeps covered like this because last night was very cold. Also because now that it is summer, the sun shines earlier through his bedroom window. It would  wake him before he needed to. Half past five is early enough to have to wake as it is.
But the morning comes. The sun shines through the tree outside the boy's window and makes  shadows within the room. It shines on a pile of school clothes on the floor.  Then it shines on the pencil marks on the wallpaper. But they don’t rub off.  It shows how tall he has grown in the last five years. The boy is disappointed he hasn’t grown at all in the last few months.. He can comb his hair higher if he wants to or put on his thickest soled shoes, but he will still only be five foot two and a quarter inches tall and he may as well get used to it. Anyway that's tall enough for a thirteen-year-old boy isn't it? 


“Shh he is still sleeping, he was freezing cold last night” He is nice warm tucked underneath his cosy blanket. “Well last night was very cold indeed, but now since it is the start of summer the sun will be shining through his bedroom window”. So he should be nice and warm why the sun will be shining clearly early in the morning. “The sun should be able to wake him up early, lets say about half past five ( 5:30 ).
The morning arrives and the sun is shining nice and bright, through the light blue sky and the bright green trees. His curtains are closed but the sun is shiny enough to get through the young boys window, making a weird shadow shape. It shines through the pile of his school uniform that was left out on the floor and the pencils marks that was left on his wallpaper. To bad the pencil marks don’t rub of, it was left as a stein on his wallpaper. Then it shows them how tall he has grown throughout the last past 5 year. The only problem is that he hasn’t really grown tall enough, and he feels really disappointed and letting himself down real badly.

He was able to comb his hair as tall as the sky tower or he would either sell his thickets shoes, but it wouldn’t change the height that he is now. “It doesn’t matter anymore because, for a thirteen year old boy it just might be tall enough wouldn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment